Monday, October 15, 2012

The concert

Last night, last night..where do I start? Well for those who don't know I went to the Mfalme Fest last night with my soulmate Courts! Wale, Ryan Leslie, Currensy, & more! Dom Kennedy was suppose to be there but he didn't perform. Anyway as you can see I wore mint skinnies, black tube & black wedges w. the curly fro! Sorry in advance for the picture quality, the lighting & me dancing made some of the pics kinda ratchet. (keep reading)
We stood in line for two freakin hours in the hot Davis sun in heels! Needless to say I was vexed.com! My fro had shrunk & I lost all excitement about the concert..until I heard soundcheck for "lotus flowerbomb" then I got juiced again! 
When we finally got inside, I was relieved but my feet were mad at me. We were in front row & seen some familiar faces backstage. As people started performing I realized that this concert wasn't gonna be what I expected. I been to two FREE concerts that Wale had & they were more organized & more entertaining than this one! 
I felt a little better when Stalley took the stage! He's adorable & smiles throughout his whole performance..cute, cute.
Ryan Leslie tho!! Whew he is sucha flirt! He smiled, pointed out fans & just was sexy. Just when we got a little anxious, his attractive guitar player started playing the guitar w. his tongue! Lawd. 
Finally the moment we've been waiting for..Wale is about to perform! Soon as I seen his d.j. I got hella excited (yes I know how he d.j looks LOL) Anyway he came out to the melody of "best night ever" which made me feel like everything was perfect. 
Yesss!!! Wale. The promoters made him cut his performance short due to them having a curfew. Yes I was pissed & wanted to throw my shoe at the promoter face LOL. Anyway Mr. Folarin performed "that way" first then did some other ish like chain music, flowerbomb, tats on my arm, diced pineapples, rack city remix..& more. In the midst of me recording & screaming the lyrics to every song, he came to our side, smiled & waved at me. Heeyyy baby :)
Overall I was kind of disappointed because I expected more. I lost my money somewhere in the venue, my feet are still swollen, I felt that Wale performance was rushed & people were piseed that Dom Kennedy didn't show up. I'm still not ready to listen to any of his music, I guess I'm still upset. But despite all that b.s I did see Mr. Folarin & got to spend the day/night w. my Courts! So for that I'm thankful. Stay blessed :)


No comments:

Post a Comment